Monday, October 10, 2011

Lots of Catching up to do!!!!

So...it's been quite some time since I've been able to post, and that's because my life has been COMPLETELY CRAZY over the last couple of months.  There have been soooo many changes that it's not even funny.  Let me give you a quick break down....



As of August 1, I was no longer with my beloved company, Moxley Carmichael, that I had worked for all through college.  I put in over FOUR years at that place!  Pretty much, if I wasn't in class, and the office was open, I was at the office!  It was such a great place to work at through school, and I learned so much!!!  I will be forever grateful to Cynthia and Alan for giving me such a wonderful opportunity!  It was kinda crazy that first Monday waking up and not having to go into work.  BUT...the fact that I was in Austin, TX definitely helped!  :)

On to my next point...at the last minute, Kevin got the green light to go to Texas with some of his co workers to attended the Annual NI Week the first week of August.  We've attended before, but the first time we went, I wasn't 21 yet, and was unable to fully appreciate the city!  Also...the last time we went...we went with an entirely different group of guys.  Last time we went with a bunch of late 30's early 40's married fathers...this time...I was with a bunch of 15...I mean...25ish year old boys!


Needless to say....it was a totally different experience!  This time I did get to go out and enjoy 6th Street a bit.  And I spent a little more time exploring the city.  Kevin and I had once considered relocating to Austin...however, after maneuvering their highway system...I no longer think Austin is in the running.  It's a little too chaotic for me...and that's coming from a girl who grew up with Chicago traffic!  


As soon as we got back from Austin...and I mean...AS SOON AS we got back, we jumped in the car and headed back south, but a little more east this time to Florida for Kevin's 10 year high school reunion!    We got in the day before the reunion and drove a little further south to St. Augustine.  We spent the day in the old town and visited the fort.  It was beautiful...but it was soooo HOT!   We called it an early day, and then headed back to the hotel to get some much needed rest!

Kevin's 10 year reunion was a ton of fun!  They had it at this gorgeous country club near the beach.  I wish I had more pictures of the actual country club!  I hope to one day have enough money to be able to buy one of the homes in the community!  They were seriously stunning!


Once back in Knoxville after our week and a half of travel the job search was on!!!!  Following graduation I had a little post grad crisis, and had a change of heart on which direction I wanted to pursue my career.  I had my degree in Accounting, and had planned on most of college to be a CPA, but after hearing some horror stories from some friends that are in their first years with their firms of the crazy schedules and hours they were working I was a little intimidated.  So I thought I might try banking.  After nearly a month of interviewing I finally got a call back for an in branch interview.  It was the week I was heading to Chicago for my cousins wedding, but fortunately they were able to squeeze me in the morning of my flight.  

After my interview I felt pretty confident, but the branch manager mentioned something to me that didn't sit well.  During my interview he "casually" mentioned how they had been ROBBED...TWICE...in THREE years!!!!  Now, the fact that banks do get robbed was always in the back of my mind...but this solidified it for me.  And it kinda freaked me out...I'm not going to lie.  But I was headed to Chicago for my cousins wedding and I wasn't going to let it bother me.  I mean, I didn't even know if I'd got the job yet!  

So back on the air plane...and off to Chicago!!!  



It was so much fun to be in Chicago with my family!  Kevin had met a good part of my family, but there were still some people that he needed to meet, and everyone was together for the wedding, so it was the perfect opportunity!  The wedding was a blast, and it was so nice to have everyone together!!!


After the wedding Saturday, Kevin and I headed downtown to spend a few days in the city before we headed back home.  It was nice to just go hang out in the city and relax a bit and enjoy some of our favorite foods!!!

After that is was back home to the real world!


While in flight I got a call from the bank, and I was offered the job!!!!  While I was relieved to finally had gotten a job offer...FINALLY... I was a little freaked out about the fact they'd been robbed so much.  When I got home, I seen my acceptance letter from MTSU, and those long crazy hours that come with the first few years in a big CPA firm no longer sounded so bad!

So finally...after much time thought and consideration...I've finally decided to just go back to school, get my Masters of Accountancy, and sit for the CPA exam...after all...how often is a CPA firm in the news for getting held up at gun point!  Because lets face it...with my personality, I'd get shot in an instant! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment